Thursday 25 November 2010

Hobgoblin Ale

Well its fair to say that Hobgoblin is way up there in my favourite ales. It was one of the best I have tried and one of the only ones I continue to regularly buy for self consumption at partys and at home. Hobgoblin is essentially a dark brown ale, with a lovely hoppy taste and usually comes at a perfect 5.2%. It is not too expensive, but I have found it is difficult to find it on tap.


 Fortunately I have been to 2 pubs in my life that does it, one of which is in my town, and one where I used to go to university. The spinning wheel in Paignton, and the Hobgoblin pub in Bath. Both of these places pull a great pint if your ever in the area.


Above is the spinny, and below is really one of my favourite hideouts in Bath, the Hob itself.


Hobgoblin is brewed by Wychwood, who do a whole selection of absolutely fantastic ales. I will post about these ales in due course. To be honest they are my favourite brewery because other than some of the paler ales that arent to my taste, they have never put a foot wrong in my book. They are also Brewers of my favourite ale of all time, which will be revealed in the next post I guess. I also own a hobgoblin t shirt, and a hobgoblin pint glass, bought from their online shop. I hopefully will be going on a brewery tour there sometime soon, it will be awesome!

So in short, try Hobgoblin, its great. Whether in a can, bottle or draught, its usually always great.

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes like Hobgoblin beers too, but was disappointed when they cut the strength of their draught versions from over 5% to 4.5%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah so was I. I never really understood why they did that

    ReplyDelete